With the aim of creating a forum to exchange and share experiences for banking leadership in Vietnam and reputable experts in the process of developing the digital banking ecosystem, IEC Group & Backbase co-organize online roundtable featuring the theme Enter the engagement banking era: Building the ecosystem for digital banking in September 8th, 2021.
Under the influence of Covid – 19 and continuous business environment changes, traditional banks are struggling with lots of challenges that force them to take timely innovative measures. According to the Fintech and Digital Banking 2025 IDC report commissioned by Backbase, 30% of the businesses in Vietnamese banks are predicted to be under threat from new digital challengers. In addition, both retail and corporate customers now have high demands for banking service, as well as personalized solutions and payment for daily needs through an online application.
The webinar brings together local and international industry leaders to discuss how banks can form deep and mutually beneficial relationships with customers in a digital world, accelerating onboarding enhancements and fintech partnerships and re-engaging branch personnel and multichannel integration.
The main discussion topics included:
- How banks can form deep and mutually beneficial relationships with customers in a digital world;
- Accelerating onboarding enhancements and fintech partnerships;
- Re-engaging branch personnel and multichannel integration.
The panelists attending the roundtable included:
- Mr. Nguyen Duc Hien, Vice Chairman, Central Economic Commission;
- Mr. Nguyen Quoc Hung, General Secretary, Vietnam Banks Association;
- Mr. Luu Trung Thai, Vice Chairman cum CEO, MBBank;
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Quynh Giao, Senior Executive – Vice President, BIDV;
- Mr. Dinh Van Chien, Deputy CEO cum Head of Retail Banking, TPBank;
- Mr. Tu Tien Phat, Executive Vice President, ACB;
- Mr. Can Van Luc, Chief Economist of BIDV cum President of BIDV Training and Research Institute;
- Mr. Vo Tan Long, Deputy General Director/Partner/Chief Digital Officer, PwC Consulting Vietnam;
- Ms. Tran Diem Chi, Country Manager, Vietnam, Backbase.
ABOUT IEC GROUP:
International Events & Consulting Group – IEC Group takes the lead in B2B event management, marketing and consulting services. Over the years, we own, develop and organize a portfolio of brand-name conferences and exhibitions that serve customers across industries and provide connectivity and business-critical insight across communities of buyers and sellers. Leveraging the strength of hosting the large-scale summits, we also provide large-medium-small sized enterprises with a full spectrum of on-demand event production services delivering the best results and values. Apart from running a series of market-leading annual industry summits and tailored corporate events, IEC Group brings together our strong and long-term relationship with the public sector and partners coupled with great expertise and experience to offer the marketing and consulting services that help our clients to transform and grow business in Vietnam.
Backbase is on a mission to transform the broken banking system, so financial institutions don’t just interact—they engage—with the people they serve.
That’s made possible with the Backbase Engagement Banking Platform—powering all lines of business on a single platform, including Retail, SME & Corporate and Wealth Management. From digital sales to everyday banking, the platform’s entire design focuses on a seamless and captivating experience for both customers and employees.